Gain new insights into your enterprise IT workloads
Knowledge transfer is a strategic requirement in IT Operations. People change job responsibilities and technology is constantly evolving. Enterprises need end-to-end visibility of their process flows to understand the consequences of changes to current procedures and the introduction of new workload. However, understanding complex process flows, sharing information and ensuring that processes are documented presents IT Operations with significant challenges.
CA Automic OmniView allows you to harvest the knowledge contained in your IT workflows to improve your understanding of the complex interdependencies that support your business operations. CA Automic OmniView automatically documents IT operations processes in real time, providing a fully documented repository of all production processes. Information is updated on an ongoing basis, so that it is completely up to date, even for changes made on the fly. Available in multiple formats, including HTML and PDF, the generated documentation is fully standardized so that it can easily be shared across teams.
CA Automic OmniView extracts information that lets you document processes you had never documented before. It has the capability to either connect directly to the CA Automic Automation Engine or be offline, based on a point-in-time repository of the process flows. CA Automic OmniView extends functionalities of the Automation Engine, offering enhanced flowcharting, printing and online sharing of the process flow.
CA Automic OmniView features
- Real-time views of IT workflows — Access the latest documentation that includes the most recent changes
- Intelligent search— Find all the workflows that are related by job name, job type, business application, or server name
- Dynamic flowchart— Simplify visualization of IT workloads, allowing users to zoom into complicated process flows for more details, and zoom out to see the big picture
- Runbooks and comments – Provide instructions and explanations about jobs and worklows across IT and business teams
- Export documentation — Generate HTML, PNG, EMF, WMF, and PDF files, and paste hyperlinks into emails that direct colleagues to the correct destination
The benefits of CA Automic OmniView
- Simplify understanding of complex business application workload
- Improve compliance with fully documented processes
- Rapidly access IT workflows, reducing problem resolution times
- Extend visibility of IT workloads to business users
- Reduce the cost of keeping IT workload knowledge