Creating an IT culture geared to more agile services delivery
IT organizations are under intense pressure to quickly deliver new services and adapt existing ones, without disrupting current applications. Realizing that need implies an in-depth rethinking of the way people work on the IT value creation chain. Well established methodologies have already been undermined by the agile movement, reshaping the way development teams work with business lines. The goal of DevOps is to streamline the flow along the whole lifecycle, from design, build and test, down to release, deploy and operation.
This transformation is not easy. There’s disconnect between development and operations people: a clash between the agile culture and the strive for reliability that ITIL institutionalizes. Moreover, complexity of different groups, infrastructure and applications can quickly lead to a loss of control. And loss of control results in delays that can cost you millions of dollars and damage your brand reputation.
DevOps is a philosophy based on the broad concepts of sharing, collaboration, measurement and automation and switching to DevOps requires a structured change initiative. Technology, organization and business environment provide the context in which DevOps needs to be tailored to your needs.
Automic DevOps Consulting Services help you navigate these challenges—guiding your DevOps vision, strategy and roadmap, and transforming this into operational reality. Our team of skilled, market-proven consulting specialists will also help you transform your IT culture, and sustain continuous, accelerated flows with the right architecture of processes and tools.
Through our vision for IT operations, we work shoulder-to-shoulder with you to become more agile and accelerate your software delivery chain. We’ll advise you on adapting your development culture—moving it from unwieldy release cycles to an agile development methodology. We will guide you on understanding your end-to-end value stream and automate across silos. And ensure you have the knowledge and skills to scale your DevOps from disparate teams and applications to the entire organization.
You will benefit from our practical experience gathered in different industries and enterprise environments and our skills with the Kotter change framework, which is the methodology we use to help you drive organizational change.
Automic Consulting is your trusted advisor for DevOps:
- DevOps Trainings & Certifications: We offer on-demand trainings at customer site or within our training facilities in Germany, Austria or Paris. This includes a three-days DevOps Foundation Training that concludes with an internally accredited certification as well as Serious Gaming for Agile and DevOps. We are an accredited training provider of DevOpsInstitute.com.
- DevOps Assessment & Review: We provide feedback and guidance for your current or planned DevOps initative, help you with scope and priorities, identify gaps and bottlenecks and advise you on appropriate measures
- Business case: We help you to create a business case for DevOps, which balances costs, risk and agility in your specific business context
- Strategy definition: We guide you on your DevOps vision, strategy and roadmap, transforming this into operational reality
- Architecture design: We advise you on your architecture design, including DevOps processes and tools and a Continuous Delivery Tool Chain
- Assess Automation Maturity: We help you to assess your maturity levels in the continuous delivery automation tool chain
- Metrics and Dashboard: We help you to identify the right metrics and performance indicators to improve alignment and accelerate the flow of information between dev and ops and set the right focus on agility.
- Organizational change: We help nurture the organizational and cultural change needed for an agile development methodology
- DevOps Production Integration Toolkit: Specific offer for the IT operations department to become more agile and accelerate all production integration activities for a new release