Your database team is under pressure. Manual scheduling of SQL jobs threatens deadlines as jobs wait on the detection of file arrivals, alerts and other events. Maintaining SQL jobs and enterprise workloads with multiple tools wastes valuable IT resources while unmonitored, standalone SQL database jobs and scripts can expose enterprise security controls. Moreover, a lack of alignment between DBAs and application managers adds to operational overheads.
Increase Agility and Reliability for your Databases
CA Automic Data Automation enables you to execute SQL commands including DDL, DML, stored procedures and DBA functions without having to use an external command line tool. CA Automic’s advanced security model simplifies your database administration, making security concerns, unwieldy tools, wrapper scripts, and confusing evaluations things of the past. Tasks can proceed in a uniform manner within the framework of enterprise workload automation.
Removing unnecessary manual steps and bringing SQL jobs into automation workflows enables IT Operations teams to gain the agility businesses now demand for digital transformation.
- Job Designer – uses an interface tailored to support the different types of database jobs
- Database events – a powerful event object that allows the initiation of a job or process flow based on the value of a database query
- Unrivalled database support – SQL Server, Oracle, IBM DB2, MySQL, SAP Hana, Sybase, Informix, Ingres
- Multithreading – by creating a separate thread for every job, multiple database jobs can be executed in parallel
- Execution control – the results of a transaction are made available as a job report; date and time stamps are provided in a uniform format for all databases
- Simplifies the management of IT workload for multiple and heterogeneous database instances
- Enhances visibility of database jobs and other business application workload
- Reduces errors and delays by removing reliance on custom scripts
- Encrypts passwords in login objects for greater security
- Define once, deploy everywhere