Automic Software Announces Record Q4 and Fiscal Year 2016
Strong Growth Drives Global Expansion with Opening of Innovation Lab in Austin, Texas and New Offices in Paris
VIENNA & SEATTLE – 14 June 2016 — Automic Software, the leader in Business Automation, today announced a record Q4 and fiscal year driven by significant customer acquisitions, strategic partnerships and continued product innovation. In addition, the company is expanding its offices with the grand opening last week of a new Paris location in La Defense and confirmed plans to open an Innovation Hub in Austin, Texas.
Enterprises of all sizes are looking at digital transformation to drive agility and speed while managing risk. This is driving the demand for Automic’s business automation products. Automic closed its largest ever year in FY16 with a stellar Q4 performance (new licenses up 48 percent year-on-year), including the two largest deals in the history of the company. All product lines grew, with Automic Release Automation growing +250 percent. Additionally all regions accelerated, with Americas and APAC leading +100% license growth for the fourth quarter and fiscal year, respectively.
Customer satisfaction and commitment to future roadmaps was strong with contract renewals coming in at an industry best-in-class 96 percent, including former Orsyp customers, the company acquired by Automic in 2014, resulting in 2,700 customers actively using Automic’s leading business automation software. During FY17 the company will be investing substantially in sales expansion, product development and future M&A.
FY16 Product and Corporate Milestones
- In May 2015, the company launched the ground breaking Automic Plug-In Marketplace providing users with the ability to, buy, download or contribute plugins to drive automation adoption within the enterprise.
- In October 2015, Automic launched a significant upgrade to its Application Release Automation portfolio with continuous delivery for DevOps to optimize the deployment pipeline.
- In November 2015, Automic announced a major new upgrade to its business automation platform empowering all enterprises with continuous delivery, continuous operations and continuous service.
- In April 2016, Automic announced major new capabilities to its Application Release Automation product including new cloud-based sandbox, visualization of the delivery pipeline of all applications, ability to deploy to public or private clouds from a multi-tenant platform, Automic marketplace integration and a unique DevOps maturity assessment.
- Gartner acknowledges Automic Software as Representative Vendor in Application Release Automation. Company is listed as a representative ‘established and active vendor’ in Gartner’s recent Market Guide for Application Release Automation (ARA) Solutions.
- Automic was named a ‘Leader’ in Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) best-in-class Workload Automation (WLA) 2016 Radar Report. The report endorses Automic’s best-in-class pedigree, positioning the company as a global market leader. Automic was also bestowed the prestigious ‘Best Integration Portfolio’ award.
- Automic was recognized as a ‘Leader’ in the Ovum Decision Matrix: Selecting a DevOps Release Management Solution, 2016-2017. The report highlights the value DevOps release management solutions provide to organizations wanting to enhance the adoption of agile principles to accelerate application delivery by reducing manual errors as well as breaking down walls between IT silos.
- In October, Automic won the 2015 Ventana Research Technology Innovation award for its finance automation solution. The company was selected for its innovation and ability to help a wide array of organizations reach new goals and generate more value from these finance functions.
“We were on a roll this year,” said Todd DeLaughter, CEO of Automic Software. “The demand for automation around complex business processes, applications, big data and infrastructure has grown dramatically and Automic is uniquely positioned to help enterprises overcome this complexity to drive real digital transformation. We stand out as a global leader that supports organizations of all sizes to not only realize this transformation, but also simplify their journeys to it. We look forward to continued success in the months and years to come.”
- Automic Website
- Automic Release Automation
- Automic Blog
- Latest News
- Join the Conversation
- Join us on LinkedIn
Automic, the leader in business automation, helps enterprises drive competitive advantage by automating their IT and business systems - from on-premise to the Cloud, Big Data and the Internet of Things. With offices worldwide, Automic powers over 2,700 customers including Bosch, Netflix, eBay, AMC Theatres, Carphone Warehouse, ExxonMobil, Vodafone, Société Générale, NHS SBS, General Electric and Swisscom. More information can be found at www.automic.com.
For More Information:
Global PR and Communications
+44 (0) 7584058886
U.S. Media Contact
Kulesa Faul for Automic